Operation procedure steps of pneumatic butterfly valve
Published: March 14, 2016 Author: 【191566.com】 Hits: Times
The pneumatic butterfly valve has a certain process when operating, what processes are there?
1. Observe correct installation techniques
Always follow the installation instructions and precautions of the manufacturer of the control valve (regulating valve). Here is a brief summary of typical installation instructions.
2. Read the operation manual
Read the instruction manual before installing the pneumatic regulator. The instruction manual describes the product and the safety precautions and precautions to be taken into account before and during installation. Following the guidelines in the manual will help ensure that installation is easy and successful.
3. Make sure the pipes are clean
Foreign objects in the pipeline can damage the sealing surface or even block the valve? shy; The valve cannot be closed properly due to the movement of the spool, ball or disc. To reduce the possibility of dangerous situations, all pipes need to be cleaned before installing the valve. Make sure that pipe dirt, metal debris, welding slag and other foreign matter have been removed. Also check the pipe flange to ensure a smooth gasket surface. If the valve has threaded ends, apply a high grade of pipe sealant to the male pipe threads. Do not apply sealant on the female threads, as excess sealant on the female threads will be squeezed into the valve body. Excessive sealant can cause valve plugs or accumulation of dirt, which can cause the valve to fail to close properly.
4. Check the control valve (regulating valve)
Although valve manufacturers take certain steps to prevent shipping damage, such damage is still possible and can be detected and notified before installation.
Before installation, inspect and remove all shipping stops, protective plugs, or covers on gasket surfaces, and inspect the inside of the valve body to ensure that no foreign objects are present.
5. Use good pipelining practices
Most control valves (regulating valves) can be installed in any position. However, the most common method is to place the actuator vertically and place it above the valve. If horizontal mounting of the actuator is necessary, consider adding an additional vertical support to the actuator. Ensure that the valve body is installed in such a way that the fluid flow is in the direction indicated by the flow direction arrow or instruction manual.
6. Make sure that there is enough space above and below the valve to easily remove the actuator or spool during inspection and maintenance. Spatial distances can usually be found on the dimensional drawings approved by the valve manufacturer. For flanged valve bodies, ensure that the flange faces are accurately aligned so that the gasket surfaces are in uniform contact. After the flanges are centered, tighten the bolts gently, and finally tighten the bolts in a staggered manner.